Friday 24 January 2014

Untried Friday #4 - Revlon Chroma Chameleon Topaz

Hey all!

Today I have a 'cheapie' to show you. I picked this up off the barrow near me I think, or possibly from Poundland. Either way, I certainly didnt pay full price and I'm pretty glad.

The formula on this is super sheer - it took three coats to get the coverage you can see. After lusting after some of the multichromes that ILNP, KBShimmer and Nail Lacquer UK have been throwing out recently, I was just expecting some magic multichroming to happen.

Nope. Its green. 

Feeling pretty deflated, I turned off my lamp and was just about to remove it when I realised it was blue!

BLUE!

So I'm not sure if this is a true duochrome or not. All the others I have seen have been easily seen with a flick of the hand to catch the light. In this case, its the lack of light which totally changes the colour. 





On a positive note - the layers dried super quickly and evened nicely. Revlon know how to make a nice formula. 


I'm just not sure on this, I'm really not. Is it a duochrome? I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I feel a little let down with the end result. But hey ho, at least it wasn't a £6.49 waste!

What do you think? Do you have it or any others in the collection? Are they worth investing in?

Rachael xxx

3 comments:

  1. I have three of these waiting to be tried, I had been planning on layering them over black when I eventually try them! Mine were pound shop finds last month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've bought me all from pound land and I think they were all pretty chromey! Dero a waste of £6.49 but gladly it was £1 which is great! Lol I managed to buy the whole sugar coat collection by Sally Hansen for £8.00 today at pound land! Saved about £55.92!!! Bargain right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This line is supposed to be duochrome but it probably needs to be used with a black color as base, at least all my duochromes look much better that way

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...