Monday 13 October 2014

Pick and Mix - Week 3 Texture

Hi again! We're on week 3 already!

This week is Matte / Texture or 60's. I'm not really a massive fan of either, but I do like the odd texture so will give it a go!

So I raided Becca's (Kitty's Painted Claws) polishes for this - I (We) chose a base of Sally Hansen - Bewitched and Barry M - Duchess for the texture. I own Duchess myself, but it has sat untried for around a year.. poor polish!

I applied one coat of Barry M - Duchess to my thumb, pointer and pinky, and 1 thick coat of Bewitched to the other nails. 



I then wanted to try the 'quilted' sort of look, so I taped some criss cross diagonals and painted over with some Duchess and then removed the tape. 





I then added a second coat of Duchess to my other nails as it didnt look even. You can see the shift between purple to goldy-brown quite well on the above picture.

What do you think? Are you a texture fan? Have you done quilted nails before? Would love to know your thoughts!

Rachael xxx


3 comments:

  1. I love Duchess. I've done quilted nails with the other Royal Glitters but not this one, so I'll definitely be giving it a go now! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. This polish is so pretty and the manicure makes it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow all those glitters look stunning!

    xx julia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...